I just came across some information on kitchen appliance product recalls on the Kitchen-Exchange blog that you might want to be aware of.
1. GE Recalls Ranges Due to Fire and Burn Hazards – GE Profile(tm) Freestanding Dual Fuel Ranges
2. Recall: Kidde XL Fire Extinguishers – Kidde Recalls to Replace Fire Extinguishers Due to Failure to Operate
3. Maytag/Jenn-Air/Amana/Admiral/Magic Chef Refrigerator Recall – Maytag Recalls Refrigerators Due to Fire Hazard
4. Bosch and Siemens Dishwasher Recall – Bosch(r) and Siemens(r) Model Dishwashers Recalled by BSH Home Appliances Corporation Due to Fire Hazard
5. RECALL – GE Profile, Monogram & Kenmore Ovens – Hazard: The extreme heat used in the self-clean cycle can escape, if the wall oven door is removed and incorrectly re-attached by the installer or the consumer. This can pose a fire and burn hazard to consumers.
6. Wolf Recalls 24,000 48″ Ranges – Hazard: Delayed ignition of gas in the 18-inch oven can cause a flash of flames to be projected at a consumer when the range door is opened, posing a burn hazard to consumers.